Monday, October 30, 2017

My Testimony has Been Reinforced

Dear family,

Boy oh Boy, last week was a doozy. I gave my first training at a mission leadership conference to all the zone leaders and sister training leaders, and I also helped train 2 zones during their zone interviews. Yes, My companion is also an AP. We do all the planning, training, and discussing together. The good news is that Elder D was my companion before, and I already know so much about him, and he knows so much about me. That really makes life so much easier, and less awkward. He's teaching me how to handle the life of an Assistant. This is a little secret, but there are missionaries that do not like the Assistants. Not a lot though, just a few. Elder D is a fun loving guy, but he is also strict about the rules, and does not leave any room for disobedience. He does it so lovingly, because he really does love the missionaries, despite their individual issues. He is honest, and when he says he will do something, he does it. He also listens to first promptings, and follows them immediately. He is the best, I love him. he's a really special guy. people don't like the assistants because they are obedient and will tell president about the disobedience that is happening. People can be offended, but that is the work that the Lord has called us to do, and so we do it, no matter who doesn't enjoy it.

This week was also a pretty hard one. Lots of struggles, lots of working and teaching. Nothing new has come up yet, but we did contact a referral, C and E. Yeah, they live on the side of a fetching mountain. That was a hard walk. But they are really good, and I am excited to visit this week. I have learned a valuable lesson. I was stressing out because of Tagalog speaking people, But Elder D helped me out and simply told me to focus on Waray, because people here understand it just fine, even if they are Tagalog speaking. So, the stress went away, and happiness is back.

This week, We have 2 zone conferences!!!! one in Tacloban, and one in Ormoc City. Ormoc City is so clean, but the issue is that they don't speak Waray there. They speak Cebuano. so I probably won't be doing that much OYMing there. but the conferences are so much fun and a great opportunity to meet the missionaries and help them grow. it will be a pretty long drive, But I imagine that it will be pretty fun. We will also be staying in Ormoc and Biliran Island for a night. Lots of traveling. just like Dad, but with no pay. However, we still get free food. 

Love the pictures. Ty must have been in heaven. I hope the rest of you are enjoying your vacation. I love you all. The reason I haven't sent photos is because the computer shop here is a little bit sketchy, and it has deleted my sim card twice. So, I am forced to wait until I find a better way to send those. forgiveness, eh?

All is well here, and I enjoy the work still. However, My testimony has been reinforced, and I know things I never knew before. Missions are the best!

Love,

Elder Kuehne (by the way, Most people just call us "Der". the Filipino people have some interesting quirks)😂😂😂��😂😂





No comments:

Post a Comment