Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Prayers to be Strong and Filled with Charity and Humility

Dear Fam,

this week, and last week, was a complete blur. Last Wednesday, President asked me into his office so that he could consult with me about some office and apartment matters. In the middle of his questions about an apartment, He asked me a little about myself, then extended to me a new assignment and area. He asked me if he was willing to serve in Tacloban 2nd ward, just downtown, and then asked me to serve as his assistant. Yes, I am now the assistant to the president. I cannot even begin to explain just how inadequate I felt about that assignment. He then told me that he had been asking for a very long time who would be the new AP. My name kept popping into his mind. I remember 2 weeks ago that I had a feeling, and that feeling was that I was needed and had to step up and work harder and be more obedient. Now, I know why. 

During the last week, I have kept that assignment secret, because President asked me to. Naturally, A lot of people are excited for transfers, and a lot start asking who will be the new leaders. A lot of names were thrown around, and the Lord picked me. I am no perfect person, but I am expected to serve as a leader. It just shows the Lord knows who I am. He has prepared me for this work, He has trained me. Elder D was my companion in Palo, and now he is now my companion again. I love him, he is the best missionary here. It just goes to show that the Lord picks small and simple things to be His leaders. I ask for your prayers that I may be strong, and that I keep my head clear and my heart may be filled with charity and humility.

I am currently training my replacement supply manager, Elder M. it's an easy training, he's doing great.

Other then those things, normal week. Just working and trying to prepare for later today. I love you fam

Elder Kuehne

No comments:

Post a Comment