Sunday, October 22, 2017

The Head is Just as Important as the Feet

Dear Fam,

This week has been a very long one. Last week, I woke up at 4:30 every morning for transfer week. I got to meet the new missionaries, and they are a good group. transfers were really long this time around, but still they were very enjoyable with new people being in new areas, new assignments, and so on. 

Being an assistant means that in every aspect of the work, I am to be an example. It means that even President Argana asks sometimes for my advice. I helped decide who would transfer when and where. however, I am no better then any other missionary. If all the mission had were assistants, then that would be impossible. the Savior said that the head is just as important as the feet,(so to speak) so callings do not make anyone better then others. in fact, Elder Haynie said that President Monson has a lot of spiritual impressions. However, He does not receive them because he is the prophet, he gets them because the Lord knows that He will act on the impression and do His will. I hope that if I am obedient and listen, I too can get some spiritual impressions and be able to help others. 

Assistants give a lot of trainings to the missionaries how to be better and what is lacking in the mission. I will be giving a LOT of trainings, starting tomorrow at MLC. 

We haven't done a lot of teaching, because We are completely slammed with trainings and traveling. But, the good news is Tacloban 2nd ward. That ward is the best! in a past email, I mentioned a family with a little boy named C that I taught on exchanges with Elder W. Now, they are baptized and attending church. There Are a lot of recent converts in Tacloban 2nd, and blessings come from sacrifice and obedience. I am enjoying my new assignment. 

I hope all is well at home. I don't have a lot of time to email anymore, but I will attempt  to email often. 

Love,

Elder Kuehne

 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment