Monday, October 2, 2017

"Pagbabayadsala"

Dear Fam,

General conference is now available on my computer, and It takes all my will power not to watch it early. I may just not open lds.org until Saturday... we'll see😂

this was a very enjoyable week. I have had lots of time to think and consider, and Many great things have come from it. not a lot of lessons, because busy. But, still such a great week. We found a little family that we started talking to, and we shared the lesson to the son and mother, with the sons wife and sister coming in and listening every once in a while. The issue is in the Philippines, people are pretty shy around the americans, especially the girls and kids. even the boys are pretty shy. We asked them if we could come back, and they invited us back. It's just me and Elder C, Elder D is a little better and back to normal work. 

All we really did this week was office work. We are going to start cooking more, so I can practice some filipino cooking. The new apartment is pretty darn fancy, with aircon and all that. It's a nice place to live, and really makes it easy to study and rest in there. 

I would like to share a word in Waray. The word is "Pagbabayadsala," which means atonement. The direct translation is Pagbabayad, which means paying, and sala, which means sin. so, it literally means paying of sins. While I was sharing with brother D, I realized the literal translation of the word, and I just broke down. I had a feeling, undeniable, which said that this is true. Jesus Christ is alive and He really did pay for our sins. It was a very special experience for me. 

I heard about Elder Hales, and while it's not a big surprise, it still is sad. It's wonderful to think about the reward that is waiting for him. that same reward awaits all those who are as valiant to their testimony as he was. many times, people think of the apostles as greater then anyone, unfallable, and above everything. Yes, the apostles and prophets are all amazing men who have worked and are called of God, but they are not perfect, and if we work as hard as we can, Our reward will be the same. I fully believe that this church is true, that the gospel is here and we have the fullness of it. Elder S, the assistant, has a poster on his wall that said "if you knew how to cure cancer, would you share it? of course. You know how to bring souls back to the father, so share it." This gospel is the answer.

I miss you, but the work here is so important and progressing that I cannot help but love it. The Philippines is the 4th country to receive 100 stakes! that's amazing, considering missionary work truly started sometime in the 60's. The people are prepared here, and I love that so many are finding their way to the path that leads to eternal life. I really enjoy missionary work. 
I love you all

Elder Kuehne

 

No comments:

Post a Comment