Monday, October 9, 2017

Hard Things Make Me Strong

Dear Family,

I have officially started my picture game. I am determined to firstly, not lose my photos, and secondly, to send more to you and take more. that explains these photos....

This week was a very spiritual and exciting week. General Conference was amazing! I was deeply impressed with every talk, of course, but I do have some that I remember better. For Example, Elder W. Craig Zwick said "We live in a world that feeds on comparisons, labeling, and criticism. Instead of seeing through the lens of social media, we need to look inward for the Godly attributes to which we each lay claim. These Godly qualities and longings cannot be posted on Pinterest or Instagram." Isn't That amazing? I have found that I do that often, and learned about trusting in the Lord despite our imperfect eyesight and imperfect faith. in addition, the talk by Stanley G. Ellis, entitled "Do we trust Him? hard is good" was exactly what I needed to hear at this time. Missions are hard, believe it or not. These hard things make me strong and capable for later challenges and struggles. This Conference was especially memorable to me, and I hope to have time to read the talks and prepare for further inspiration from reading them.

Conference itself was fun, because of the people. Palo is Tacloban stake, so the members were all there. The missionaries are great, the Spirit was strong, life is good! 

Other then that, just preparing for a tough week this week and next. Next week is transfer week, so It will be soon that we can expect some changes in the mission. Busy as always, nothing to report really. I'm just doing my office work and trying to do some teaching and finding. Brother D is super busy, so we will be making a appointment with him. we have an appointment tomorrow with a family we will follow up, hopefully all is well there.

I do remember that sister. she was very kind, and in my limited Cebuano, I did my best. She spoke nothing but Cebuano, which makes it difficult for me to have a conversation with her. I don't really understand.   In Sta. Margarita, the branch president spoke nothing but Tagalog, but he understood Tagalog, English, and Waray. I have no clue how it works. Most Filipinos are fluent in Tagalog and their local language. Tagalog is the national language, but here are about 172 different languages, such as Cebuano, Hiligaynon, Ilongo, Bicolano, Kapampangan, Chavacano (which is kinda like broken Spanish), and English. No offense to Leyte, but I really enjoy Waray, so hopefully I stay around here ðŸ˜‚😂😂😂

that's all for this week. Love you all

Elder Kuehne






No comments:

Post a Comment