Monday, January 30, 2017

A true Filipino

Helllllllllloooooooo fam!

This is the beginning of my last full week in Sta. Margarita. Turns out that I will transfer next week. I don't really want to leave, but I am excited to see how different my next area will be. Hopefully, I will still speak waray....

Last week was a week. not sure what else to say about it. we had patron in solsogon, which means there was a party EVERY NIGHT at the basketball court next to our house. some lasted until about 5 AM. That was super, super hard. loud music, not even super good music, playing all night. that was a little rough. but, it's over, and it won't come back until next year. All the girls keep calling to elder R, and he is not a big fan. it's kinda funny, honestly...

not a lot of progression coming from our investigators right now... or less actives.... it's a pretty rough week, just trying to get some momentum going, get some new investigators. we do all we can, but depends on them. We have had a lot of work with members, and I love it so much. Much more work from members makes life easier.

Hope Ty is hanging in there. not the easiest thing in the world for him to have that surgery, but it had to be done. hope he is hanging in there, make sure he knows I love him and am supporting him.

I had a little moment of true happiness. We were visiting with president V, the branch president, and we were talking about the work. he learned that I would transfer, and he says to me, "when you came, you were American, now, you are true Filipino." it was such a great chance to know that not only did he appreciate my efforts, but he really believed I did all I could. it was such a beautiful thing to hear, and I really needed it. I know I am progressing, though sometimes it is hard to know.

We have zone conference in Catarman on Thursday. President Maurer says he will be showing us a new Daily schedule. That is a big deal. lots of things will be addressed, wish me luck.

With love, until next week,

Elder Kuehne

**A few things he wrote to Morgan:

when we focus on the gospel, life is easier, not easy. We have to work, but, if we really work hard, this life is full of happy moments. I am glad you learned that early. Took me 19 years to figure that out

for scripture study, I recommend you have a time every day to read. that always helps. don't be afraid to mark your scriptures! so many people are worried about it, but I feel that if done appropriately, marking scriptures is the best way to remember the things you learn. make sure you have a little prayer before and after, and listen to the spirit. you can learn a lot from the spirit, and if you are making an effort to read, the spirit will tell you things and bring thoughts to your mind. if possible, read with a question in mind, and you will find answers through the scriptures. I have, and I know you will too.

Some of my favorite scriptures:
Mosiah 2:41
Ether 12:24
Doctrine and covenants 4
Joshua 1:5
1 Kings 3:5-14
Jacob 7:12
to name a few. Happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment