Monday, January 9, 2017

Reactivating and working hard

Dear beloved fam,

this week was really nothing special overall. we go to work everyday, we work really hard everyday, find people, try our hardest to follow our plan and hit our numbers, things like that.

Last week, We visited with a less active family. one of them, an 18 year old girl, has been reactivated, and comes faithfully to church, reads every night, and prays less like a prayer, and more like she is talking with God. we visited, and after the lesson, she asks where she can buy a Preach My Gospel. Naturally, I asked why, and asked if she is looking into serving a mission. She says, maybe next year, after I save. How great is that? she was LA, busy all the time, and now, she has rekindled her desire to serve the Lord and do all he asks. Couldn't be prouder of her. Now, she really wants her family to read and go to church with her.  We will be doing all we can to help, but, She will spearhead that. As missionaries, there are times when we need to step back, and realize that though we want to just go and teach, sometimes, there is a different way to do things, and usually, that's the better way. So, we will work with her to help her family.

We visited a new investigator, BB (that's a nickname, because his name is really long.) one of his relatives as she passes by - just kinda asks "why are you here again?" we say why, and she says, rather Nonchalantly "oh, okay. You aren't really serving the Lord. no need for offense." then walks out.  Well, I wasn't offended, but I was indeed cut to the core. People have said it before, but this time, it really hurt. I don't take it personally, because I know that as a missionary, If they deny me, they deny the Savior. so, We started talking about the plan of salvation, and as we shared, I truly felt the plan was real. All scripture points to it being real, the spirit has confirmed the plan is real. In the book of Mormon, Aaron, one of the sons of Mosiah, was talking with some apostate Nephites. He opened the scriptures to teach them and to confirm his words, and they just openly mocked him and refused to listen. some refuse to listen to even firm, sound, scriptural truths, and even though they don't believe it, I do. I know it is true, and if others choose not to open their hearts, Then I have done my part, and we move on. I hope that as we all look to the scriptures, the words of prophets, and other reliable sources, that we will work to receive a testimony that it is true, that the gospel is the plan of the Lord and that through it, we will return to his presence. 

good to hear everyone at home is good. hoping good weather to you all. 

Everyone here knows the big names of basketball. We had one member and we talked about the NBA. he said his favorite player was Patty Mills (ask dad). kinda funny to see all that. Ty would be in heaven here at the Basketbolhan (court). real good time for everyone. ball is life/

Hi to ty, love you bud. I heard you're pretty good at basketball. We'll have to see when I get home, huh? practice hard, have a good time out there.

Dad, love you. Working hard, doing all I can to be obedient and successful. so far, I think I am succeeding.

With love, I will see you all next week

Elder Kuehne

Just a nice little photo we took

No comments:

Post a Comment