Monday, October 31, 2016

Blake's First Baptism!

Dear fam,

I should probably start with clarification. sometimes, I forget that missionary lingo isn't widely known. oops. OYM means we just talk to people, we introduce ourselves, our message, and try to set an appointment with them. we aren't teaching tomorrow, we simply talk with people and set some return dates, comfort people on this day of remembrance, and hopefully, show them this life is not the end. that's the plan for tomorrow, and maybe the next day. speaking of holidays, Calbayog is celebrating it's first halloween party today! naturally, we won't be there, but to think that they have never celebrated halloween until now is pretty strange for me.

also, Most likely, I will not train a new missionary. I will receive a normal companion, he will be my senior companion, but because I know the area, I will be leading the area. it's kinda like that.

So, brother J has been baptized! we performed the baptism Saturday, and the confirmation took place on Sunday. he really has a strong spirit and he recognizes the blessings that come from the church. he will be a fine member of the church, and maybe soon, he will receive a calling. so excited for that! my perspective of baptism is a little different. I have had the chance to be a part of someones conversion to the gospel, and if he remains faithful, we will see each other again in the presence of our heavenly father. the worth of souls is great to God, says doctrine and covenants, and I couldn't agree more. 

we have a zone training meeting this week, so I am excited for that. the last one was a very memorable occasion, and I know this one will be just as good. it is always wonderful to slow down a bit and instead of teach, learn.  we also receive a conference talk every week and we study it for our own enlightenment, and I know that reading these is reading the words of Heavenly Father himself. I love doing that!

I have already decided that I will return from my mission in July 2018, no sooner. that is my goal, and I will make it.

not a lot more to talk about today. I get to lead every lesson and every planning session this week as part of my training, so pray for me for that one! but, all should go well, and on November 14, I will receive a new companion. I received a package from grandma Shelley and Heidi, and many, many cards from grandma Kuehne, and I love them! 

I am attaching some photos of the baptism, as well as something more. this is LEGENDARY in my zone, and it is known as the Ricciardi letter. this is about a missionary, Elder Ricciardi, and how he was the greatest missionary he could be. this is what I want to do, and I am going to be working my hardest to be the best missionary I can be. I want to share this with you all because it is special to me. perhaps it will help someone in some way. 

I love being here. I still get to talk to my family and some of my friends, so it means a great deal to continue to speak with you all. I love the work, and as I work and improve, through work, we are brought to the Gospel, and if we remain faithful, magnifying our callings as sons and daughters of God, we will receive greater blessings then ever before known to man. this I know, and I will continue my work here. thank you all so much for your support and love.

until next week, 

Elder Kuehne


photos:

baptisimal photo, party afterwards, the photo has brother N, president V, brother E, a recent convert, and us




No comments:

Post a Comment