Sunday, October 23, 2016

We have pictures!! :)


GREETINGS

Hey Fam! 

 I want to begin with some Very exciting news: we have a baptism this coming Saturday! hopefully, you remember Brother J. he has been an investigator for a while, and many missionaries have taught him. but., he feels now that he is ready to enter the waters of baptism and make those sacred covenants that come with it. and what's more, he has asked that I perform it! So next week, I can promise at least one photo 😁.

I got to meet with President Maurer for our first interview in the field. It was pretty good. He trusts me, and I trust him. He didn't have any issues with me, and he says I will probably not train this coming cycle. Oh well, more time to focus on the language and area. When Elder Dela Cruz gets transferred in mid-november, I will stay and lead the area. So, I will make sure that all those who we are visiting continue to see our faces. Pretty exciting for me! Also, after President Maurer's interview, he took us to Bro. J's house so he could interview him for baptism. after that, we went to dinner with him at a cafe in calbayog. He is a great man, and it is obvious that the Lord has called him to the work. 

Christmas is in full swing here. Trees everywhere, decorations, and especially, the music. What's funny about the christmas music is that it is all REGGAE. yes, I have heard nothing but Christmas Reggae music. It is amazing! some of them are just hilarious. We always love to hear some of that.

 Also, we have a holiday coming up on November 1st, which is All Saints Day. on that day, everyone goes to the grave sites of passed family, mourn them, clean the graves, things like that. After that's done, They party, usually in the graveyard, and there is plenty of drinking, I have been told. So, we have been told that our OYM's should be through the roof that day, and to do that, we will go to the graveyard and talk with people. however, we have to leave at about 7-7:30, because that is when the rowdy drinking usually begins. When Filipino's get drunk, they are usually fluent in English, by the way. makes sense to me.

played basketball this morning. Filipino's are really good at basketball! they are quick and athletic, but they also play really smart. They sometimes forget that it's the americans that are known for basketball, though. Ball so hard.

Sorry for the lack of photos. We have to be careful when we take photo's, so we don't look casual or things like that. Also, we can't use them when we proselyte or during church, so that limits most of the time we get to use them. but, I am going to be better with photo's, when possible. like I said earlier, You will get at least one amazing photo next week.

Hope all is well at home, and that you are all happy and well. I always love to hear it, but I know that the Lord loves missionaries, and he will make sure that everything is all right at home while I am here in his vineyard. I would encourage all of you to read the Book of Mormon, whether it be alone or with the family, and make sure the family members whose email I do not have so that they know.

--

-Elder Kuehne




No comments:

Post a Comment