Monday, August 28, 2017

I Have Stopped Trying to Seek Out the Storms, And Enjoy More Fully the Sunlight

Dear Fam,

this week has been absolutely killer. not a lot of lessons, no new investigators, no baptisms, and yet, somehow I am ok with that. I know that I am doing my best here. a bit difficult, but I have stopped trying to seek out the storms, and enjoy more fully the sunlight, as President Hinckley said it. it has made a pretty big difference. I am trying to stay busy, which means less time to stress. I am starting to learn how to cook, and so far I know chicken adobo. really good! I am also reviving my efforts to speak Tagalog, and so far, I am slowly working my way towards speaking Tagalog. it's pretty different from Waray, but I am absolutely surrounded by Tagalog, so it shouldn't take too long until I get the hang of it. hobbies are great things to have.

recently, I did 3 baptism interviews for the San Juanico sisters, and two of them are sisters. their mother, an RM, said that whoever did the interview would baptism them! so, I get to be there for the baptism of Sister L and Sister Z, and will be doing the baptism! it was a real sign for me, that the Lord still loves me and is allowing me this moment. I will have pictures for that. other then that, not a lot of work done in teaching. Next cycle, we may be changing areas, so we can have some real good investigators in the other area! I'm really excited for it. 

I really love the video of Elder Holland. that talk absolutely rocked my world, and was a bit turning point for my testimony. I love an opportunity to watch it again. It was really needed.

through all my office struggles, I have had a great revelation. despite all the hard times, there has been far worse. Joseph Smith and the early saints. Moroni, who was the last prophet and completely alone being hunted down by wild Lamanites. above all, Jesus Christ, who took everything I have ever felt, suffered through, or had happen to me, and suffered it. Not just me, but everyone. the scriptures say that He knows how to help us through our trials, because He knows them perfectly. No other church that I know of knows about that aspect of the atonement. it is such a wonder to me, and I have shed tears in sacrament meetings while thinking about it (I won't say how many times, so dad has less ammunition against me) I love my Lord and Savior, and appreciate the chance to serve Him.

I hope you know I love you all and want to return, but that is not the Lords plan right now. I am content to simply say "I love you" to all of you and wait until June 2018 to more fully express it. 

With love,

Elder Kuehne





No comments:

Post a Comment