Monday, August 21, 2017

Sweaters are Really Gwapo Too

Dear Family,

This was the hardest week ever, and it was also a great opportunity to learn and grow. we taught ONE lesson last week, because we were always backed up with office work. many times we were ready to go outside and proselyte, but some last minute, very important thing popped up that had to be done. even Saturday, we went on splits to Palo, but we didn't get to go until about 1 in the afternoon, and we returned at 5 to drop off a missionary that is going home. Sunday we had meetings. It was the most frustrating week of my life? Why am I telling you all this? because Life sucks, and it most certainly doesn't go where we think it will. But through all of it, I felt something, like the Spirit trying to speak to me. I am ashamed to say that I ignored it for a while, just being stressed and angry that nothing was working like I wanted it to. But, just yesterday, we had some Sunday talks, and they were about trusting in the Lord and accepting his will. The speakers spoke mostly English as well, which most definitely meant the message was for me. Life is hard, but the Lord has complete control over it and will NEVER leave us alone. It took me a long time to trust that I am in the office for a reason. I don't know it, but I can definitely enjoy it while I am here. Lots of great opportunities in the office. there are opportunities in our challenges, and if we focus too much on the struggles, we will not be ready for those possibilities that are coming up

quick note of the hair: I miss my hair before. The barber messed up, and now I am just waiting for it to grow back. 

My Companion, Elder C, is the travel secretary, and because I am his companion, We are always taking missionaries to the airport and picking up missionaries returning home from other missions. It has been so sweet to see these going home missionaries so strong in faith and courage come home to their reward. As for the new missionaries, it is a mix of fear, excitement, and determination. They are good people. I love missionaries.

The sweater is dope. Everyone always talks about my sweater. It's so nice! It gets really cold in the office, and rain season is coming up, so I have to prepare. Sweaters are really gwapo too, so that helps. That was the zone conference that you saw. The lunch was a chop suey veggies and beef, with rice. It was so GOOD! Sister Argana has been feeding us a lot recently, and is always inviting us from the office for a quick dinner or lunch while we are in the office. I had cheese for the first time in a year last week! so delicious! it's the little things that make me happy.

Life is still good here, and I just want to do the best I can. All is well here, just filling out orders and getting stuff. All I do is shop, pack boxes, and answer complaints about vehicles. It's harder then it sounds, I swear.

I love you all, and hope all is well with you. School starts soon, and I'm unsure if that is super fun to you all, but just work, hang in there, and party hard while you can!

Love

Elder Kuehne

No comments:

Post a Comment