Monday, September 4, 2017

People Know Who We Are

Dear Fam,

Last week didn't have a lot to it. I worked in the office, filled out orders, checked cars. As I type this, the going-home missionaries are here, and It's really nice to see these people for one last time before they get home. Busy Busy Busy. We met a guy named I, and we talked with him a little bit. he seemed excited to talk to us. as we talked with him, he had a cigarette in his hand, and he never took it from behind his back, until he threw it away. when we pass someone smoking, they stop until we pass. There was a day that we went to a party, and the majority of the people were drinking. we went passed to say hi to a member who was friends with the host (of course she wasn't drinking) as we passed by, saying hi of course, the drinking absolutely STOPPED. not a single person drank while we were there. They saw us, and they seemed a little ashamed they were doing it, and they didn't resume until we turned a corner. People know who we are, and they also know our standards. However, not everyone is as obvious as us, so, we need to tell people our standards. We need to be strong and consistent in the standards we use, whether it be about drinking, smoking, certain clothing, certain activities. Everyone knows, so it prevents awkwardness because no one offers. it is a strong reminder to me to always follow my standards and follow them to a T. 

I just got back from the Argana Family home evening. they invited all the missionaries that are going home to join them, and the office was in charge of games. It was so much Fun!!! President Argana also participated, and it was such a good time. after that, back to work. transfer day is this week, but its a fact I will not transfer from the office for about 3 more cycles. next cycle, I will be learning from Elder C how to be the travel manager, and then next cycle he will transfer and I will become the new travel manager. Hopefully, I can learn quickly, as 6 weeks barely covers all I need to know about his job. 

I have had a really good week. I found a new style to mark my scriptures, and I am absolutely Loving it! I have learned a lot from verses I have read a dozen times before. the scriptures seem to add to themselves sometimes. However, I have discovered one thing that  I lack: keeping a study journal/daily journal. so, I may start with those two things so I can get started. the prophets are always encouraging us to do these things, But I have never done it. oops. once again, Hope it works.

I love you all so much, and I enjoy my mission. I don't need to be care-free all the time to be happy, I just need to enjoy the happiness when It comes. 

with love

Elder Kuehne

No comments:

Post a Comment