Sunday, April 2, 2017

Life is so much Sweeter Knowing the Facts

Dear Fam.

This week was a punt week. Lots and lots of people being busy. Filipinos hate to turn you down, so they do so by being "Busy" or having excuses. it makes some of the work extra hard because Everyone pulls the same excuse, so you know that most of the time, they aren't being super honest. but, sometimes, they are genuine, and you can tell.

My companion, Elder A, is a great companion. We can have fun and kid around, but He also is able to teach unlike any other of my companions. And so far, All is well with us. His language is dizzying. He is fluent in Waray, Cebuano, Tagalog, and Inogaynon, his birth language. his English is pretty good as well. Today, he has an English test at the mission home, so We have been speaking English all week to prepare him for it. feels nice to practice my English every once in a while :)

For Zone leaders, Elder A is technically Senior Companion because he has been in the mission longer. However, I believe that I count as a Senior Companion technically because I have trained, and been here pretty long. I think that counts. But to be 100% honest, Not too sure how that works. That said, I am the youngest zone leader, so ANYONE is older then me as of right now. 

We have a really busy week ahead of us. We have to go to Mission Leaders Conference this week, we have exchanges later this week, We have to arrange catering for zone conference next week, we have to get the zone T-shirt started, SO MUCH TO DO!!!! we can sometimes make it a little better with some down time. This morning, We got up at 5 to play ball with some members. Really fun. at least for MLC, Sister Maurer will be cooking. She knows how to cook. Although I love Filipino food, and am starting to learn some bigger dishes, I also love some American food. Elder A said last MLC, She cooked lasagna, So I am dying to know what meal she will be making this time around

Brother T had a little too much fun with some of our OYM's. He introduced himself to a lady of the jeepney, and started with the plan of salvation. He somehow got to temple sealings, after which, he got on to baptisms for the dead. The poor lady looked so confused! he also gave us a shoutout over the pulpit at testimony meeting and encouraged everyone to feed us and to give us referrals. I was dying! He is the funniest person ever! he also really loves Americans, as well as girls. He is single.

Palo is such a ready place. We had a baptism yesterday, Brother J. He was an investigator for a really long time, and finally was ready. His son will be coming up soon. we have 28 people with baptisimal dates, and I hope they all come through. It's harvesting time here. I love this work so much!

in my last email, I said I would be starting to learn Tagalog. That will actually start this week. I have a lot of resources to do so, as Tagalog has a place with all the church publications. I may start with the first vision. A lot of people know no Waray, Tagalog only. one here only speaks Cebuano, but his English isn't bad. Before his conversion, he was a Muslim living in Mindanao. He still remembers all the things he did during that time, such as prayers, celebrations, etc. It was really interesting to hear about a faith that actually doesn't center around Jesus Christ. But, he thinks the LDS church is number 1, so that is amazing.

This week, We will be going on splits. I am excited. A new rule says that all exchanges take place in the model area, and because we are the zone leaders, we will be here in Palo. MORE WORK DONE!!!!

The work goes on, lots of exciting things are happening. President Maurer will be released this coming July, as well as the senior couple and the self reliance couple. A lot of missionaries are also out the door this coming May. Big changes are soon to happen, and I just want to survive through it. 

As I think more and more, I think I was born in the church for one of two reasons; either the Lord wanted me to get started and be able to help others, or he knew I wouldn't recognize the truth in this life if I wasn't. it's odd to think about, but it still says to me that the Lord is in control, That he is guiding the work, and that Through my mission, I get to help Him do this marvelous work. It is a true miracle in my life to have this. I thank the Lord every day that I know the Gospel.

Hope all is well on the home front. I am curious; what is my room being used for? there were so many ideas thrown around, I would love to know what use it has. I really miss music, I miss road trips, I miss home-made food. But, I can have plenty of time to mess around with those when I return. Until then, I am on the Lords errand, and like Nehemiah in the bible, I just say to all the temptations below me "I am doing a great work. Why should It stop, While I come down to you?" the church is true, the gospel is perfect, And life is so much sweeter knowing the facts of life through our Savior, Jesus Christ. In America, I was a bit shy to talk about religion, because people there are so touchy about it. But here, That's all people talk about. Every jeepney, pedicab, car, and truck has some sort of sticker or painting of a scripture or the Savior. and don't forget plenty of crosses. I don't need to teach faith to anyone. We simply need to help them redirect that faith toward the restored church of Jesus Christ. it's the best job I can ask for.

I love all you. Enjoy your time with the Slaters. Poor dad is working so hard. Sometimes I wonder how he can get through the boatload of "office work" he has. I love messing with him.

Mom, You always send emails, you always encourage me to work, and that makes me want to work harder. Thank you so much!

Morgan and Tyler, Both of you may be punks, but I still love you both, and hope the Lords greatest blessings upon you. keep growing, keep improving, and enjoy this life. It is to be enjoyed, not just endured, after all. That is from a prophet, so it's important :)

Till next week, peace out

Elder Kuehne (OR as president Maurer always says, Elder Queenie)

No comments:

Post a Comment