Monday, January 1, 2018

It's More Fulfilling to be Obedient

Dear Fam,

Merry Christmas everyone! the birth of the Savior is always a blessing to experience. This Christmas, I spent some more time reading about Jesus Christ and his birth. I gained a greater testimony of the truth of His life then ever before. Jesus of Nazareth was born, He is the Messiah, He is the redeemer of all mankind, He is the king of kings and lord of lords. Many people I have met say that Jesus Christ was only a man and not divine. I want to bear my firm testimony that Jesus Christ is the son of God. He was Jehovah before his earthly life, He was the son of God during his earthly life, and He is now the Risen lord of us all. He did mighty miracles, taught the doctrines of the kingdom, and prepared the way for us all to come back to Him.

Last week, We visited the Catarman and Catbalogan Zones, and gave a training in each one of them. I have many personal friends in those zones, and It was a great opportunity to see them there. however, this week also had some low points. long story short, We have 8 missionaries in our apartment right now. They broke some rules, and they are now here until Transfer week. It's been so hard.  but, we are doing the best we can to work with them and help them get back into the work. Because of that, Our teaching has been very limited. we are trying to do some more this week. We are also expecting a baptism this week. Brother J will be baptized! he's ready, we just need an interview and one more lesson. We are confident that he can do it!

I have been reading the scriptures for a long time now, But I have gained more out of them in the last 2 months then any other time before. They are coming alive to me! I have been changing myself to better fit with the gospel and become more Christlike. I have felt a huge weight off my shoulders, and I feel a lot lighter. It's easier to be natural and more exciting to share the gospel. It's also easier and more fulfilling to be obedient. We obey because it's really the only logical thing to do. If God gives a commandment, and we don't do it, We don't gain anything from it.

New years was just another day. No fireworks, No big celebrations near our house. Just chillin. President Invited us for lunch, so that was good. other then that, just another day.

I hope everyone is happy and enjoying the new year. This is my last new years in the mission, so here we go!

Till next week

Love,

Elder Kuehne
p.s. the star wars reference is a low-blow. That hurts.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment