Monday, January 15, 2018

If We Look, and Trust in Him, Then We Can do Anything

Dear Fam,

Transfers came and went. Elder D and I are companions for his last cycle here! He goes home in February, so I will be working with him and making sure he doesn't go lazy on us :) He's the best. 

This cycle is going to be absolutely insane! last week was transfers, which was hard. we have 4 new elders in the mission. all studs. the day after transfers, we went to Sogod zone in the south and did some apartment checks, had some interviews, and attended district conference there. We spent 3 days in Maasin. now It's MLC, and after that, We immediately start doing trainings for interviews. It's all kinds of busy!

I have been having a hard time figuring out how I can do all the work that has been given me. President Argana gave me an answer during a training at district conference. He talked about Jesus Christ walking on the water. All the apostles marveled and feared, but out of those feelings, Peter asked if he could come to the Master. Everyone knows that walking on water is impossible, but Peter must have thought that if the Master can do it, then He can give the power to do it as well. Peter received the invitation to go to Jesus, and he started walking on the water. As long as he was looking at Jesus, he could do it. When he started looking at the storms, waves, and thunder, he lost his ability and sank. If we only look around at the trials, then we will sink. If we look at the Master, Jesus Christ, and trust in Him, then we can do anything. that was a big help to me, and it has made me feel more confident.

Congrats to Dad on being ordained. I figured half the congregation would have opposed, but I guess not :) it's the Lord preparing you for future assignments. Wish I could have been there. Happy to know that everyone is still ok. Braces are easy Ty. Just make Dad buy Jamba juice. 

Email time has now been reduced to one hour. that means my emails will be shorter. Bear with me, please!

Love,

Elder Kuehne






No comments:

Post a Comment