Monday, November 27, 2017

I Love what Heavenly Father has Given Me, and what Jesus Christ Did for Me

dear fam,

Last week was the best! Interviews in Catarman and Catbalogan zones, and a zone conference in Beautiful Calbayog city! Literally heaven. Life is so good here! The drive was long, and it was a pretty hard drive, just chilling in the passenger seat for 5 hours. but it was really worth it.

Calbayog has grown so much since I was last there. it's cleaner, has more stores, has a big new department store, new streets, and even has plans to build a new airport there! I was reminded that when I was there, it was so different, but now it's much better. Catarman is also so nice, except for the pouring rain of course! I got to see all the missionaries there, and some of my favorite missionaries are there too! Little secret; I am gaining back weight. Why? because President Argana buys a lot of food at restaurants, and then I am their last hope to finish it! plus, we travel a lot, so no time to walk. but, I'm starting to eat less and work out more. I was doing that, until I received your birthday package! :D I ended up giving a lot of it at the conference. They loved it by the way! it was their first time to have a rice krispie treat, and they said it was delicious. Thank you so much for the snacks and photos, They really gave me a boost in this rough time.

I say it's a hard time because this week is transfer week, the busiest week of the cycle. We have 4 missionaries staying in our apartment right now, that all will be going home. I should be happy for them, but all they did was talk about their experiences doing disobedient things like Boating, Going on hikes with Sister companionships, and all kinds of other activities. they really slacked on their work, and their key indicators show that. They really didn't mention their successes in the mission. Now that they are going home, they feel comfortable talking about it because at this point, they are already going home. They don't care. And I feel so sorry for them. They have been given a sacred trust, and they are breaking it. Something that I have learned on the mission is that when we eat the sacrament, ALL of our covenants are renewed, Not just the baptismal covenants. I have been reminded of those covenants, and I feel so strongly that I wouldn't want anyone, especially myself, to break those covenants. All I can do is try to remind them what they promised to do, and hope that they listen. Being a leader in the mission is one of the hardest things I could ever imagine. Long story short, I am reminded of that mormon message from Elder Ucthdorf about the man who traveled the world on the cruise ship, but didn't take advantage of the opportunities he had. The opportunities I am talking about is growing in the gospel, gaining knowledge, preparing for an eternal marriage and a family, for future callings. for success in the mission in Baptisms and obedience. I have resolved to not waste the time I have on the mission. Have fun, yes, but be obedient while I do it. 

On a happier note, I love the mission. I love what Heavenly Father has given me, and what Jesus Christ did for me. I am indebted to them with a Debt that I can never pay back. but I can try by sharing the knowledge I have to all I meet concerning the gospel and the church. I feel so happy helping others and teaching. I love the work with all my heart! I miss you all, but I won't trade these 2 years. I hope everyone is alright at home, and that you are all happy and well. Good work on the 5K, and if dad needs any advice about how to get referrals from the members, I would be happy to tell him how things are done here! yesterday, We got 3 referrals from the same family, and the ward has a program to have every family give a referral to us before Christmas day. We spend all week contacting referrals! 

I love you all. Morgan, I love and miss you. Bump mentioned some boyfriends, good work. Tyler, I heard you ran a 5k Race. I will do one with you next year. Let's see who is faster!

Mom and Dad, your example has taught me some things that I yet lack. I am so grateful for your patience for me and the rest of the family. I can't wait for next month to see you!

love,
Elder Kuehne


 





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment