Sunday, November 12, 2017

"Super Brief"

Dear Fam,

This week marked a very important event. It was the baptism of Brother J and Sister J. They were interviewed for baptism before, but Brother J drank, so he didn't pass. But he did not let that stop him. He started reading the scriptures like crazy, building his faith, and stopped drinking from that day on. He and his wife are so happy that they were baptized. it was the greatest feeling in the world to know that they are now in the Lord's fold. After the baptism, we sang some hymns while we were waiting for them to change their clothes. As they did, their little boy, who is really hyper, found the backpack with their clothes. As we started singing another hymn, he JUMPS into the classroom, doing a superman pose with his spare briefs over his jeans, and Loudly shouted "Super Brief!" I could not join in the next hymn because I was laughing too hard!!!!!! ðŸ˜‚😂😂 Definitely one for the record books. We also started teaching brother D. He has come to church 4 times now, and we just had time to contact him at his home. We asked if he was reading the book of Mormon, and he said that he is in 2 nephi 22! he is very knowledgeable about the bible, but he understands the book of Mormon and understands it's role to testify and clarify. He is amazing and active in the classes at church. 

We also gave trainings to more zones last week. This week, President Argana is in Manila, so We are using this time to do some exchanges with the zone leaders in the nearby zones. That means I get to go and work in PALO, my 3rd area! i'm really excited to see how the area is doing. Recently, I have noticed something. I have baptized some people, but there are also so many others that I found or taught that others are baptizing after I leave. AND THAT IS OK!!! the work is too big to be done by just one person, and it makes more sense to set up baptisms for the missionaries to follow. In fact, It makes me think of others more then myself. If we try to steal all the baptisms, that that leads to issues like unclear teaching, unanswered questions, and unsure testimonies. But if we allow others to finish what we started, and prepare the investigators for the next missionaries, then they stay active and help others. perhaps there is a lesson in this for someone who reads it. For me, it's helping others to have success instead of just focusing on making myself look successful. 

I miss you all. A couple weeks ago, I got really homesick. it's better now that I am busy. I love you all so much that if I'm not working 24/7, I think about you! that's special, Diba? ðŸ˜Ž I hope all is well at home and everyone is happy and well.

Love, Elder Kuehne








 

No comments:

Post a Comment