Monday, March 13, 2017

I Am Doing All I Can, The Lord is Pleased

Dear fam,

once again, another week. this week was really another week, nothing super special, except for the birthday of Elder H. big party Sunday for that, really a good time. lots of people, lots of good food, lots of love all around. enjoyed my opportunity to be here for this event.

I am just getting back from our zone activity. we went to the mission home in Tacloban and played volleyball. We really are awful. What was great is president Maurer came out in p-day clothes and a rice patty hat and played with us. he was probably better then the rest of us, honestly. Sister Maurer cooked ribs and coleslaw for lunch, and then we uno-d. I always lost. Turns out My ability to play uno is pretty bad. but, we don't need to dwell on it.....

You mentioned about the apartment. Yes, running water and electricity are available. Every apartment has them, and it's not rare to find either one in even the poorest homes. hot water is the thing to find. out of all the apartments, 2 have Air-conditioning, and only 1 has hot water. what I wouldn't give for that.

We also had zone interviews, and it was fun. I went finding in Carigara, the zone leaders area, the night before, and found a family. after, we had our interviews. President had some great things to say, especially since I have honestly felt like a failure since Elder R, and I felt I could have tried harder. But, he said that Elder R is doing much better, and his new companion is hailed as a great missionary. so, he told me not to worry about it, and that He felt that I did my best. We talked about my responsibilities as district leader, and to be honest, everything made sense when he said those things. I know I am doing all I can, and the Lord is pleased.

to talk about the 2 missionaries who have become my friends, Elder E is from American Samoa, and spent 4 months in the MTC due to his back. He knows the white handbook and PMG inside and out, and is an absolute giant. One night, he came back home with his comp, and he had a freaking WASHING MACHINE over his shoulder, carrying it like it was nothing! he was my zone leader for 3 cycles, and was President Maurer's choice for special assignments with particularly hard missionaries. he was blessed to be able to do it. Elder A is the other, short and small, but indeed teaches by the spirit. We became fast friends, especially since his trainer was a hard one. He absolutely DREADED being sent back with his trainer, and wanted nothing to do with him. They both got ET'd due to some missionaries being passaway, and now they are in a close-by zone. Elder E leaves this cycle, Elder A is just a bit older then I am, missionary wise. They both are great, and I have had the chance to go on exchanges with them, learning heaps from both.

We have a soon-to-be missionary here. Brother M is the only member in his family, and has been preparing for his mission. He lives in the most isolated place in San Miguel, yet faithfully comes to church every Sunday and splits with us also. He leaves march 22, and will soon be out in the world as a new missionary in Davao, down south. he loves to work, and is the greatest.

as for exchanges this week, I went with Elder G, the trainee. His progression is amazing! he just devours the language, the lifestyle, and especially finding. It was cut short because of me needing to use the CR Really badly, but nonetheless, really impressed with his work.

honestly, I am typing this tired, hot, and just a hair out of it. Not totally sure why, but it will be fixed by next week. Reading the scriptures are such a blessing, and I love to open them and get my reading done everyday. They have answered lots of questions, and have given me much to think about. I know the Lord wrote them, because honestly, only He could. Some people misinterpret them, some people retranslate them, and some straight up ignore them, but I know that all these things are wrong. I really do know it is true, and I love to tell others about it and help them.

I got an email from Emma Wyatt. Congrats to her on the mission call. Rome is a pretty fancy place, and I can bet she will be tearing it up the second she gets started.

President Maurer showed us a video, depicting the first vision in the way mentioned in ALL the accounts of the first vision. I love the old one, Titled "The restoration", but at the same time, this one felt right, and truly inspired. Sounds like you saw them, if not, I strongly encourage it. I downloaded it from LDS.org onto my flash drive, because It is allowed. in fact, it was encouraged. President Maurer strongly feels technology will greatly enhance the mission, if used appropriately.

to dad, I appreciate the work you do. We joke about it, but in truth, You provided for us, letting us do all sorts of things. I truly appreciate the sacrifice you made for this family. work, play, do what you need to do, but whatever you do, continue to give your all

Mom, Congrats on the removal of your brace. I can't imagine how great that feels. As you serve, the spirit will fill you and let you do all sorts of things that will help others come closer to Christ, as well as ease this hard life. You go!

Morgan, No email this week, So I assume all is well :) continue to do all those things the spirit says to you, and you will find all your problems simply melt away, as the Lords atonement overpowers them. keep it up

Tyler, so happy you got to go to recess. believe me, Ty, I walk and bike everyday all day. You want some good food in you to help you do your best. I started biking too ty, and it is hard, but to be fair, odds are you would fit my bike perfectly, so don't worry about it.

I love you all, and will be attaching photos from conference and interviews. Elder H, my companion, is the American in the middle, right next to him, the big islander, Is Elder E, and right next to him, the small pinoy, Is Elder A. Perfect how that worked out

Until next week, paghinay

Elder Kuehne

P.S. dad, I am pretty sure that the Self reliance elder here, Elder Eakins, played pro ball. Center, no doubt, and I saw a photo someone looked up, and he is spot on. Jim Eakins, I believe. Thought you would like to know. he joined us in sacrament, and he really made a stir, seeming as how he is 7"0 up. always hilarious to see him walk in

No comments:

Post a Comment