Monday, April 2, 2018

I Get the Blessing of Sprinting to the Finish

Dear Fam,

Right now, I have a great blessing of being the assistant to the president. however, that will change. We have seen the transfer board, and it is sure. I am transferring to Maydolong, Borongan zone, Eastern Samar. I will be opening the area (Because the area hasn't had any missionaries there for about 3-4 months), I will be the district leader for a district of 8, and I will be TRAINING A NEW MISSIONARY! That's pretty much the most responsibility that I can receive at one time. Heavenly Father doesn't want to leave me any time to be trunky!!! :) the area is Waray Waray, but a little different. All the new missionaries coming in are Filipino, so It's guaranteed that I will train a Filipino. 

I will miss Tacloban 2nd ward! We taught sister F yesterday after church, and we asked how she was doing in reading and finding an answer. She said, I have my answer. this is true. I am ready to join the Mormon church, I am ready for my baptism. I just about cried with joy. The only thing is she lives in another area, so we will hand her off to the missionaries in that area. She's ready!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't be the one to baptize her, but that doesn't matter! she will be baptized, and I will have participated. that's all I need. 

I am very nervous, but excited. President Argana said that he felt this was the right way for me to go, and that he needs me to accept all the responsibility. so, I said yes. I said yes because though I am not perfect, God is perfect. Though I am not sure, God is sure. though I may not have the abilities, God has all power, all abilities, and all knowledge. HE will lead the area, not me. This is a chance for me to work harder then ever, and to leave my mission knowing I left it all here. My last 2 cycles, My last 3 months, and I get the blessing of sprinting to the finish. 

Elder J has been the best! he has been such a blessing in my life. He also got your package, and just about burst into tears. He loved it! thank you so much for making his day! It's this kind of Christlike act that makes me proud to wear the Kuehne name. 

I haven't seen general conference yet, I still have to wait for this week. But I have heard the highlights of the new apostles and the new temple built in Cagayan De Oro. That's in the south, and to hear there's a temple there is amazing! if they have a temple, we can't be too far behind! 

it's a long email, but I have a lot to say! I'll have more to say next week, for sure! Love you all so much!

Elder Kuehne

the 2nd pic is from the Agasagas bridge in Sogod. It's the highest bridge in the Philippines!
the last is in the hospital. We visit often if we hear there's a member there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment