Monday, April 9, 2018

Whiteout .... So it Doesn't Say What Week It Is

Dear fam,

boy oh boy, has this been a tough one. whitewashing an area, training, and district leader for the longest distance district in the mission. it's been exciting, but also terrifying. When we got here, there was no area book and only few active investigators, many not progressing. we are working on getting this work started in the branch, but right now it's just us doing the missionary work. We just have to go finding. 

the church building here is interesting because it's a PERSON'S HOUSE!! we meet in the 1st counselors house for Sunday services, because we don't have a meeting house just yet. We should be close, though. That's what everyone tells us, so we'll hope that's the correct information. the church hasn't been that progressing because the last missionaries didn't give much effort for missionary work, so it was closed down because it wasn't progressing. we are down to open it, it's just going to take a lot of sweat, tears, and work. the good news is my companion is great. Elder P is from Marinduque, which is in the Philippines San Pablo mission, where Elder C, my companion in the office, is from and where Sister Argana served her mission. He's a hardworking missionary, and despite the new language, lifestyle, and location, he hasn't complained, and has spent his time taking it all in. This week, we really focus on teaching him the 12 weeks program. I hate the 12 weeks program right now, because we study it every day, and it keeps freaking reminding me how many weeks I have LEFT in the mission! so I may take whiteout and color the book so it doesn't say what week it is. my planner also.

I got the package, and I love it! once I finish marking my current set of small scriptures, I will be marking the set you gave me for additional knowledge. The journal is also great! Thank you so much for the package! talking about vacations right now, I would be very excited to see some church sites. There's a missionary here from New York, and he has visited a lot. He says it's amazing! 

I love the mission. This is a unique challenge, but I accept it.

General conference was amazing! lots of changes, lots of new things, and lots of new responsibilities. Let's hope we can keep up with the Lord's pace!

Love you all,

Elder Kuehne

No comments:

Post a Comment