Monday, February 19, 2018

"Knowing is Not Enough, We Must Apply. Willing is Not Enough, We Must Do"

Dear Fam,

This is the big one. Transfer day. With Elder D preparing to go home, I am now the senior assistant. I am so nervous, and I don't Know why!!! I can do all things through Him who strengthens me, so why do I worry? You don't need to answer that, That's a question that I ask my doubts. it really helps. I will be asked to do a lot. But, I can do it. I am also blessed to have a companion that is the best! his name is Elder J, from Zambales, Philippines. He is a convert of maybe 3 years, and was assigned in Palo, my 3rd area. He is so humble, and relies on God for everything. He is also very quick to thank Heavenly Father for everything that happens. Not to mention that he is a persuasive teacher and does well in lessons. He is the perfect assistant. I am glad to be his companion.

Last week was mostly work, with some meetings. Elder D and I decided to keep it simple for his last week, and we spent it working. we visited a lot of members homes in hopes of referrals. we actually got some! and the ward is currently making their ward mission plan, which they haven't done in a while. The work is moving! we met sister J, and her family is all less active. But she is so good and wants to be baptized! we are also preparing to teach the son of sister K, and her niece and nephew. It's a little hard to teach them due to attention span, but they are still progressing and going much faster. we're still working to find new investigators, and we did met some people and got an appointment with them for Saturday. 

when I came in the mission, I had 3 Filipina sister missionaries in my batch. Now, they have all finished their missions and going home. That's just a little reminder to me that My time is coming pretty fast. The mission is so special, because I am on the Lord's errand of teaching the gospel full-time. once I go home, I will be only part-time. 

I have been working hard on reading the Book of Mormon and understanding and applying what it says. one of my favorite quotes is from Bruce Lee, who said "Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." applying my scripture study in my day has made a big difference. I notice that I am more kind, more generous, and more ready to take on the challenges of the day. I encourage everyone to try it. It really helps me keep my head and stay cool in times of struggle. 

That's all for this week. Love you all, and I am anxious to see what this next cycle will bring.

Love Elder Kuehne



No comments:

Post a Comment