Monday, December 5, 2016

Butt Kicking Week


Dear fam,

This week has been a real butt kicker.

We only had 1 investigator at church, and the rest of them all were busy. We had far less lessons. all the new investigators were busy and couldn't have a return date. It really sucks. but, I am trying to continue looking on the bright side. We had 5 less active members at church, and it was amazing to see that! we are still working on some of them, and we are going to have to make some changes to how we do the work here to better accomplish our work here. I am just trying to continue looking at the good things that are happening, but I won't lie, that is real tough some days. we are going to continue to work and change to try to get some more life into this area.

but, we have lots of great things to talk about. Firstly, Brother J. He is AMAZING! he missed church yesterday, But that is because he was stranded in a different part of Samar and couldn't get a ride back in time, so that is ok. He passed his teaching exam, so he can be a teacher next year. He is so happy about it, and tonight, he invited us to dinner to celebrate. He reads, he prays, his questions are profound, he is a great, great person with a real conversion. He is currently trying to talk with his family about the church to see if they can be converted also. Doctrine and Covenants says that people receive amazing joy if they bring but 1 soul back to the presence of Heavenly Father, and I certainly feel that joy! 

I have lost about 7-8 kilos so far, which is about 15 pounds! I had to cut my belt down so I could cinch it up! it is amazing to see how much better I feel when I work out and eat differently, and that is my reward. It is such a great blessing to see me do that. I always wanted to, so maybe if I go and work hard for Heavenly Father, He will help me temporally and spiritually. 

my area is actually 9 little areas, or Baranguay's, that we go and visit. in order, Burabod, Cautod, Monbon, Cagsumje, Solsogon, Lambao, Palale, Napuro, and Inoraguiao. our church is in Solsogon. we live in Calbayog, which is west of all of this. This is one branch, mind you. we usually spend about 110 pesos per day in travel funds. little expensive, but we do lots of travel, so that is expected.

the issue here is less actives. President V says that we have about 350 baptized members, but our sacrament attendance is 45 or so. he asked us to help do some reactivation, so we have definitely done that. it's going pretty well so far, but lots of less actives mean we have to stretch ourselves a bit. We will certainly do all we can to get people back, while also doing investigators. It is so hard to not think there was something more you could have done in a lesson or otherwise. it's rough.

Haven't played basketball in a while. I really want to. Elder D gave me a jersey, and I really want to try it out, but, Elder R isn't big on basketball, so we have other ways to exercise. Still, I'd really love to play ball. really badly. SUPER BADLY.

this week, We have exchanges with our district leader in San Juaquin. We'll see how that goes. We travel December 20th to Tacloban for zone training. another long travel day. oh boy, excited.

now the exciting part. I received news about when to skype home! I can do it the 24th, 25th, or the 26th (Filipino time). I am coordinating with Elder R to figure out the best time. so far, we think Monday 26th, 9 AM or, for you all at home, I think that is December 25, Sunday night at 6PM. please double check if that is right. 

looks like that is all for this week. love you all, and I will be sure to talk more next week. 

Elder Kuehne.

The photos are from a district meeting. we have some missionaries that have an investigator that came. I was outside talking with some people, and one of the missionaries comes out and says to me, "Der! we have an investigator who would love a photo!" so, I complied. I got an email from this investigator with the pictures. not sure how she got my email, to be honest. probably from one of the missionaries. 


No comments:

Post a Comment