Monday, December 18, 2017

If We are Prepared, We Need Not Fear

Dear Fam,

Well, you probably know what has been happening around here. the first typhoon, Typhoon Urduja, really forced us to hunker down for the last couple days. We haven't proselyted since Wednesday. On Saturday, We set up a command center in the Mission Office, and we were the main callers to check up on all the areas. That was pretty rough. The majority of apartments flooded (thankfully not ours) and lots of missionaries had to leave their area to a safer area. All the Chapels were being used for people in the boundaries who's houses have flooded. Not going to lie, I opened Grandma's christmas package early, and lots of the candy was given to the members who slept in the chapel. Biliran Island, which has 12 missionaries on it, is completely isolated, because the bridge broke. We'll be getting them out later today. now, that sounds fun and all, but as Billy Mays always said: "BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!!!!" this second typhoon is still far away, and it's already 3 times stronger then the one that hit. It will only get stronger as it gets closer to the mission. I'm pretty stoked. 

This week has been a pretty humbling week. I cannot do a thing to change the weather, But I can change how I react to it. I can fear, or I can have faith. They are polar opposites. We can panic, or we can prepare. one cancels out the other. if we are prepared, we need not fear. 

Other then that, all is well. Sacrament attendance was really good despite the circumstances. Everyone here is happy despite the circumstances. Life is pretty good here. My trainer, Elder D, emailed me this week, and he's getting married next year! Not trunky, but it's exciting! We got to do a CSP earlier today for a house that somehow lite on fire. we cleaned it out. 

All is well. I love you all, and I sent an email earlier about the new time for the skype. sorry about that! I am excited for this week! 

I feel your prayers. Thank you so much for sending them.

Love,

Elder Kuehne












 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment