Friday, August 19, 2016

Manila MTC

Kumusta! I am here in the Philippines MTC, and this is probably the greatest place to be. We had our first flight delayed due to a flaming plane on the tarmac, so that was neat-o. not sure how that happened, but we passed it on our way to the main runway. other then that, Everything went really well. I still have all my luggage, so that's nice. The Manila MTC is amazing! The food is fantastic, (though I have only had one meal so far), and everyone here speaks one of the filipino languages, so I am expecting some good progression in Cebuano. I will be here until Wednesday, when everyone in the Tacloban area will fly out there and begin the work in that area. Tomorrow, I have the opportunity to join a missionary in the Manila Metro area for an afternoon of proselyting. I'm not totally sure how well that is going to go, but I know the lord is here and is willing to help me on my first real missionary work. I will be sending some photos I took. I didn't take too many, because the handbook says NOT to look like a tourist, but I did take some nice ones. I love you, and will probably send you an email soon in my area. Love you very much!

     -Elder Kuehne
 
The note to dad explained the area:
 
"I'm in the Manila MTC, and it is so crazy! first off, the humidity is like a wall. you really feel it, and I started sweating instantly. It does feel nice, but still, that will take some time. Manila itself is like New york, if new york had Little Homes made out of wood and tin roofs dotted all over. Some homes are pretty normal, but others are definately poor and trying to make it work with whatever they can find. Some people have their jeepney, their newest iphone, and return home to a hut in the middle of a Shantytown. I am never complaining about Utah Drivers ever again. No lanes mixed with aggressive driving make for some really sketchy trips. no accidents, but when we are literally an eyelash away from scraping a wall or another car, it makes Utah seem a little better. The people are also the nicest people ever. Cars passing by would see who we are and wave with a huge grin on their faces. It is so cool here. I can get used to this. love you dad"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment