Thursday, August 25, 2016

Leaving the MTC

On 8/16/2016 Blake wrote:

"Hi,

Last email in the USA. It's really crazy to think about, but here I am. This has been a good week. We had the opportunity to hear from Elder Anderson last week, and I was in awe by his words. He said to us that now, the missionaries have the same title as him, which I never thought about. He also said that we have been called of the lord, just like he has, to be apostles. (only we have a little "a" at the start)

I've spent the whole day packing and going to the temple. When I was in the temple today doing initiatory work, I felt the spirit so strongly, stronger then I have in any temple before. It was a great blessing to go today, and I loved it. 

I reread the book of mormon twice while in the mtc, and both times, I have felt the spirit testify to me that this is the truth. I know it is, and I can't wait to share that message with the Filipinos!

I plan on calling once I get to Salt Lake. I may also call from LAX, not sure, and If I have permission and the ability to, I will call from Hong Kong international airport. My calling card I bought today has 5 hours on it, and I'm nearly 100% sure it works outside the U.S, so lets hope. 

Tell the family Hi for me, and that I love them very much. 

        -Elder Kuehne"


It was great to hear from Blake!  He was able to call from the Salt Lake Airport as well as LAX.  He was in great spirits and so excited to get to the Philippines!  He loved the MTC and was able to see a few friends while there.









No comments:

Post a Comment